Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Roads taken...

"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other . . ."
-- Tim McGraw




I can't be sure Tim really said this, but I copied the quote from somewhere legit and added it to the journal I keep of my favorite quotations. I like it because until I was twenty, I'd never lived outside my home state of Mississippi. After that, in about five years, I moved 8 times. Always taking a little bit of the people I met and the things I saw around me. Now I'm pretty good about changing my places in life and taking a new path or two. But I do like to take my old friends with me, even if it's just the stories.

No comments: