Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bookshelves!

Okay, I'd love it if my tiny office looked like this-




But it doesn't.

However, it looks better than it did last week.

I had no bookshelves in my working space, but tons of books.
Not good for a former librarian to have books willy-nilly.


Rocky the Rock Star dog did not approve.









 And writers have TONS of notes. At least I do.

 I keep all my writing ideas in bags. Easy to transport.

(At least till I have time to transfer them to Scrivener.)







So we cleared out a closet.

(Husband is handy. He painted, spackled, and got it ready. Thanks, Jay!)

And now- VoilĂ ! I can see everything I need to see.




Of course, the books keep coming. I think I will need more shelves. Very soon.



9 comments:

Ivy said...

Rocky does not like clutter! :)

Leslie Davis Guccione said...

Love this~~especially the books keep coming. I have a stack on the floor in front of my stuffed bookcase YOU sent ME.

Shana said...

I share your bookshelf envy! I'm right there with you.

Joyce Moyer Hostetter said...

I love all the whiteness! My office is knotty pine which I love but I do miss the light airiness of white paint.

Barbara Watson said...

Love, LOVE the closet bookshelf! Along with writing, I also delight in clearing clutter and making a space pretty while doing so.

Lee Stokes Hilton said...

Very nice. I saw some space on a couple of those shelves -- better get 'em filled quickly! Then you can do what i do and stack them on the floor. But it's a great feeling to be organized, even if only for a few minutes. I cleaned out my office closet yesterday and felt so accomplished. You can always tell when I'm supposed to be writing...

Lyn Schloemer said...

Love the idea of closet shelves! And coujld I borrow Jay for a few overdue projects around our house? :-)

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

I loved seeing these pictures! Looks beautiful!

Augusta Scattergood said...

Joyce, in Florida, the whiteness seems to work best in a small room like my office (which can be converted to a guest room at a moment's notice!).
I think some writers may feel their most creative surrounded by clutter but not me! Love the order. Now if I could just translate that to orderly, concise, perfect sentences.

Thanks for all the comments. Now back those two boxes of books that UPS just dropped off...