Note, I said VAGUE.
My characters seem to develop as I write.
Other writers may know it all before they put pen to paper. I say, whatever works.
My Highlights buddy Rosi Hollinbeck has a really good blog. She finds super stuff to share. And she just shared THIS, via Kathy Temean, a kind of fun way to look at/for a new character.
There are 90 questions.
I figure if I dream up ten of them, I'm good...
- Any negative forces around your character?
- Does your character have anyone to confide in?
- Is your character afraid of anyone? Or anything?
- What is his/ her biggest fear?
- Would you say your character is selfish?
- What annoys him?
- Is she a bully?
- What makes him laugh?
- How old is your character?
- What does your character look like?