Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

My True Friends

Today was a big day. 
My third historical fiction middle-grade novel launched out into the world. Okay, the fanfare was mostly via tweets and posts, but I did sign a bunch of books that are easily available from the great LEMURIA BOOKS in Jackson, Mississippi.



Oh and I ate cake.
(Well, sorta.)



So, you can now order MAKING FRIENDS WITH BILLY WONG from your usual sources. 
Or request it from your public library. Or BUY it for your school libraries.

All of that by itself would be swell.

But another fun way I get to share this book news is telling you about my #TrueFriends.

Kirby Larson, Barbara O'Connor, and Susan Hill Long
writers extraordinaire! 

The four of us gathered to write and critique and re-gathered to do more of the same at Kirby's wonderful writing retreat. Now we talk to each other nonstop via email and texts and even- gasp!- the occasional phone call or Skype/ Facetime chat.

See, we really are the truest of TRUE FRIENDS.

And guess what! We're giving away our books! Lots of books! And a Skype visit!  

CHECK OUT THE GIVEAWAY RIGHT HERE.

If you'd like to see us, live and in person, talking about books on youtube and hear fun writing prompts for your students, check out our video.

Click here to subscribe and get to know all four of us.
(not to mention, see our picture along with Winston the Wonder Dog. Go ahead, you know you want to.)

And here I am, chatting away about my friends, my book, and writing.


4 comments:

Carol Baldwin said...

Very cool. Just shared on my author page!

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Congratulations, Augusta! So happy for you on releasing another wonderful book! Can't wait to read it!

Lee Stokes Hilton said...

A writing group can introduce you to someone who becomes a true friend! So glad to see this new story. Congratulations, Gusty!

Augusta Scattergood said...

Thank you, fellow writers!
It's a long slow haul for me to get a book into the world so it's cause to celebrate when it happens.
Even if you're by yourself in front of a computer, there can be cake, right?