Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Delta Ties

Here's another book on my "must read" shelf. Olive Kitteridge just won a Pulitzer for fiction. And our local newspaper, The St. Petersburg Times, won two! 

And while I'm claiming six degrees of separation-Have I mentioned that "my people" are from that part of Mississippi where everybody knows everybody. Actually, the whole state is mostly like that. But we also love to claim kin to anybody with a tie to The Delta. So here goes, from Delta News Online, which magically appeared on my Facebook page:

2 Pulitzer Prize Winners with Delta Ties!!

 

NEWSWEEK Editor Jon Meacham won the Pulitzer Prize for Biography for "American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House."

His wife is Keith Smythe,formerly of Tribbett.

Atlanta Bureau Chief of the Wall Street Journal, Douglas A. Blackmon, won the Pulitzer Prize for General Nonfiction: 
"Slavery by Another Name: The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from 
the Civil War to World War II" 
Mr. Blackmon is formerly of Leland.
Congratulations to these Pulitzer Prize Winners!





No comments: