Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Friday, April 3, 2009

What I'm Reading Now

Wow. I'm reading two great books.

Laura Lippman's latest novel, LIFE SENTENCES , is one of her stand-alones. Complicated story structure makes it even more fun to read. There was one loose end I've yet to unravel so if anyone's finished this book, leave me a comment or shoot me an email so I can pick your reading brain.

The second is a collection of essays by some really great writers. I just received it to review for the Christian Science Monitor so you'll have to stay tuned to read my real review, due around Mother's Day. But wow is all I can say about EYE OF MY HEART: 27 Writers Reveal the Hidden Pleasures and Perils of Being a Grandmother.

I think I'd better order this one for the newest grandmother in my family (Welcome, Baby Jake!).

OK, now back to reading.

No comments: