Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Writing Every Day

Re: November's writing whirlwind.
This morning my email from Gotham Writers' Workshop kind of says it all about NaNoWriMo:
a month of sharing the joys and sorrows of producing the Great Frantic Novel :

Valuing enthusiasm and perseverance over painstaking craft, NaNoWriMo is a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved.

OK, I'll move on, even though it's not quite Day Three. Gave up very soon on the BlahBlahBlahing!
I like writing every day, but maybe I should have done more advance planning.
I need to work a little more on the scene writing thing with Darcy Pettison. Or the revision thing. Or the thinking thing.

Not taking anything away from NaNoWriMo, mind you. Just not for me, not this year.

No comments: