Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012! No Resolutions!

 
Taking down decorations and thinking of all the exciting things to come in 2012!

Today marks the beginning of a new year, and I'm inspired by writer friends, Kimberley Griffiths Little and Caroline Starr Rose --and probably a ton more of you who make these lists--  to start keeping track of what I'm reading. Their lists are impressive. But I'd have to dig deep to recall The Books I Read in 2011. 
So from now on, I resolve (whoops, I used the R word!) to keep better track of what I read.

                                                        

What I'm Reading Now: 
1. Review copy, via Kindle, of Elizabeth George's forthcoming mystery: BELIEVING THE LIE

2. A Teen/ YA novel I can't put down, a page-turner,  that is nothing like anything I normally read:
UNLEASHED by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie

3. Rereading The Liberation of Gabriel King and also When You Reach Me. Because I love the voices so much.

(These notes will be at the bottom of some blog posts. Feel free to ignore. If I keep up with this task, I will be able to remember what I read come next December. Or at least, that's my goal. And everybody knows goals are way better than resolutions, right?)

4 comments:

Leslie S. Rose said...

I like the post-tag idea. I'm terrible about officially keeping track of what I read.

PragmaticMom said...

I really loved When You Reach Me too and find that I refer to it again and again in blog posts. Something about that book seems to hit so many themes and interesting ideas from time travel to socialization peer middle school issues. What a great book! Too bad it was too complicated for my kids to appreciate.

Caroline Starr Rose said...

I'm glad you're keeping a list! I've kept mine since 2004 in a journal made for the purpose. Another section has a list of books I want to read. I love going back through it. It makes me feel rich indeed.

Happy release, dear Augusta! Be sure to stop by my place tomorrow.

Thanks again, Kimberley, for introducing us.

Augusta Scattergood said...

Not sure whether my posting books I've read is the best idea. They seem to get lost in my blog! I've tried the journal thing, Caroline, but I fear I have too many journals floating around. I'm a big fan of attractive notebooks. We'll see what happens!