Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Monday, July 1, 2013

Pinterest Party

Three of us from my old New Jersey critique group gathered to master Pinterest. We all had Pinterest accounts but weren't sure how best to use them. Book stuff? House stuff? Recipes?

We looked to the experts. But our Shout Out via Facetime didn't connect. We were on our own. Fortunately the HELP menu on Pinterest is helpful.

Here we are.
Working away, with our computers glued to Pinterest.


Fortunately, Lee Hilton was one of the group.  
(She's a food blogger!)
And a really good cook. We ate well, rewarding our hard work.
Kale chips, fresh guacamole, sour cherries from the Summit Farmer's Market.


Check out our Pinterest boards.
Leslie Davis Guccione
Lee Stokes Hilton
Augusta Scattergood

(Tip: Search our names, then click on PINNERS to find our boards.)

We're all there now.
We went nuts pinning and repinning. No pin left unturned!


3 comments:

Sue LaNeve said...

Augusta, Sure wish I could have joined you for this, particularly for the food, but, um, I confess: I, too, am a Pinterest wannabe with no clue. Yes, I've pinned. Yes, I find other's pins on my page. But I guess I just don't get it. Is that it? Pin and be pinned?

PragmaticMom said...

Melissa Taylor has a great ebook out on Pinterest. There are also some great boards by bloggers on tips to use Pinterest. I like Zina from Let's Lasso the Moon's Pinterest posts too. She has over a million followers and totally knows the ins and outs of Pinterest.

Some tips I've learned from her and Melissa:
1) Pin new material about 2 for every 5 repins. I actually have a higher ratio of new pins versus repins.

2) Focus on storyboarding your boards. The first row is crucial. What story do you want to tell about your boards? Pick covers for each board and write the description with care.

3) Create some collaborative boards. This is a great way to build followers but try to find a niche that no one else is focusing on.

4) Slow and steady wins the race. Don't overwhelm with pins all at once. Try to feed the machine slowly but steadily.

5) Join collaborative boards as well.

Hope this helps. I grew my followers from 2,000 to 100,000 in 10 months by doing this. I think it's harder to grow followers right now though. I think Pinterest new adopters have slowed down and Pinterest usage is down compared to last year.

Augusta Scattergood said...

Wow. Impressive, P.M.

Sue I'm kind of with you on this one. We should follow that good advice, Slow and Steady Wins the Race!