Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Batter Up

SOAR!
My exclamation point, not Joan Bauer's.
I love this book a lot.
Such great characters. So funny, yet poignant and serious. 
So much subtext. I think SOAR will provoke great discussions.

There are so many quotes I could share. I like this one:

Uncle Jack, who was very good at cards, always told me, "It's not the hand you're dealt that matters--it's the way you play it."


 





And since we're big into spring training here in Florida, you may need to read these baseball books on my Pinterest board.

If you're still craving more baseball book connections, CLICK HERE for a fun interview Wendy Shang and I did about our own baseball books, The Way to Stay in Destiny and The Way Home Looks Now.

1 comment:

Carol Baldwin said...

I enjoy Joan's books. Thanks for spreading word on this one.