Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Nerd for the Day!

One of my favorite things to do is nerd out about books.

I'm always proud to be featured on the NerdyBookClub blog. 

CLICK HERE for my most recent post about choosing names for your characters and places.

I constantly borrow names. In fact, tomorrow I'm driving to Wachula Elementary School down a road named Moccasin Hollow Road.

(Whoa! I'll be on the lookout for critters on that trip. )

School visits are a great place to discover interesting character names. 
Can't you just imagine this girl in a story?




What are some of your favorite borrowed names?


2 comments:

Rosi said...

I am always fascinated with the names chosen for characters. I think John Steinbeck may have done a better job than most with that, and the names in Of Mice & Men are particularly wonderful. Thanks for your naming post. I will be linking to it on my blog.

Augusta Scattergood said...

I can always come up with a good name. And then there's bound to be a story if we work hard enough. I think.
;)

Thanks for stopping by, Rosi.