Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Yippee!

I am thrilled to know that THE WAY TO STAY IN DESTINY has been nominated to the Tennessee Volunteer State Book Award's new list.  

Here's a link to all the books.
(Wow, my book is in great company!)

By last count, that makes four kids' book lists for my second book. 

Whenever I speak to kids, they invariably ask, "Which of your books is your favorite?"
I usually give them the stock answer: I love them all equally, just like parents love all their children the same.
But then, sometimes, I confess that one makes me happy one day, another a different day.

So if you ask me that question this week, DESTINY it is!





Thank you, Tennessee librarians. Having lived the first part of my life 111 miles south of Memphis on the Blues Highway, I am truly honored.

2 comments:

Carol Baldwin said...

Congratulations, Augusta. What an honor. PS--Destiny is one of my favorites too! :)

Anonymous said...

Such well-deserved honors!��
Eileen in Atlanta