Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Thoughts for the Day

Life has been busy and crazy, and my poor blog has been overlooked. I've been writing, but it's hard to be inspired with all that's swirling around us.

Then this morning on a walk I saw this bumper sticker.






Today, while re-reading an email, I noticed this on Irene Latham's signature. 

(If you want to be treated to gems like this on a regular basis, read her blog. So good.)


"NOT knowing when the dawn will come
     I open every door."  - Emily Dickinson


  


And while I was writing this post, a friend shared this photograph from their Irma evacuation.






That should do very nicely for inspiration, don't you agree?

2 comments:

Carol Baldwin said...

YEs, inspiration indeed! Love the bumper sticker too!

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Thanks for this post, Augusta, I needed it, too! I love this: Earth - Art - Eh.