Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Thursday, March 5, 2020

What Great Kids!

It was like Old Home Week, with new people.

THANK YOU, PETAL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, FOR INVITING ME.

A few of the fabulous moments 
from my short two days in Mississippi.


 Packed and ready!


 My new buddy, Heather Wood, super librarian, 
stacking books for me to sign!


 Front and center- lots of smiles!


Photo over the booth where we ate lunch. 

Also, the terrific music teacher at Petal Elementary played all Elvis tunes as the kids came into the auditorium. 
One 3rd grader on the front row knew all the words to Hound Dog!


Petal is just outside Hattiesburg, MS, the place my mother grew up and a town where I spent lots of summers. My grandmother took us to the zoo on the bus!  

This is the church where my parents were married and a few beautiful flowers just now blooming all over Hattiesburg.







It wouldn't be a trip to Mississippi without food! 

My brother, sister and I did some seriously good eating. But I practiced enormous restraint and didn't buy those fig preserves. 
I feared the TSA agents would grab them at the New Orleans airport.











2 comments:

Carol Baldwin said...

looks like you had a great trip back home. thanks for the pictures!

Augusta Scattergood said...

It's always good to go home, isn't it. Thanks for saying hello, Carol!