Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

More Things to Love

Here's a thing I really love. But it's not resting beautifully in a corner of my kitchen or blooming on a windowsill.

February is Library Lovers Month! 
Come celebrate! Click to find out more!
(I discovered this via Anita Silvey's website, Book-a-Day Almanac.)

It goes without saying that I'm a Library Lover. Right now there are at least 5 branches of my county library that I frequent on a regular basis here in Tampa Bay.

And my New Jersey librarians are no slouches. Check out this- great tweets from NJ to keep funding alive. One example?  “Grab the book. AND the cannoli."
Another? "Woke up this morning, got myself a library card..."

Love it!

I've been a fan of libraries since I was so young that I was only allowed to check out one book at a time. I've also had some great librarians in my life. So hats off to libraries and here's hoping they don't go away anytime soon.

Click here to read a post about someone who greatly influenced me to follow my career path to school librarian.

 Click here to see more of the world's most beautiful libaries.

(Pictured, Dublin College Library)

1 comment:

Weaveron Textile said...

Nice blog.. Thank you for sharing with us.