Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Glory Be Birthday

My upcoming novel's main character, Gloriana June Hemphill, and I share a summer birthday. As a kid, I didn't like having my birthday when school was out and nobody was around. Glory doesn't look forward to her birthday unless there's an open swimming pool nearby. She and I also share a love of water and swimming parties.

This past weekend, it was MY birthday.  No pool party, but a cake.

Not just any cake! This amazing cake.


Look closely and you'll see that even the edges of the pages look real.
It was a delicious marble cake with buttercream icing.

Here's what it looked like by the end of the day...


Sad.




2 comments:

Carol Baldwin said...

Looks delicious. I assume that a really goo friend (or hubby?) had this done for you. What a great celebration!

Joyce Moyer Hostetter said...

Wow! Who made that? I love it. Might have been hard for me to eat, though. Great pic!