Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Happy September!

Where I live in N.J., it's back-to-school week. I always get a little nostalgic this time of year. Especially when I read what fun other librarians are having, showing off new books, fancying up their spaces, tacking greetings on bulletin boards (Okay, true confession, I hated bulletin boards...).

But I can still spread the word to fellow librarians and to teachers who are still in the trenches, working their hearts out.

Click to check out  ⇒this great giveaway from Donna Gephart.
Olivia Bean, Trivia Queen= one funny book. I would so be booktalking and reading this one.

See what MR. SCHU read his kids on their first trips to his library:
http://mrschureads.blogspot.com/2012/08/welcome-to-2012-2013-school-year.html 

And last but not least- for all the preschoolers out there (and their moms and dads) headed off to school for the very first time, check this link for a few books recently reviewed in the New York Times.



 Have a great school year everybody- Read lots of books, make lots of friends, enjoy!



5 comments:

Wild About Words said...

Thanks, Augusta!

Mr. Schu said...

Thank you for the mention! Have a great September!

PragmaticMom said...

That book looks so cute! I added it to a back to school book list!

Augusta Scattergood said...

Thank you both for stopping by!

Augusta Scattergood said...

And thanks, Pragmatic Mom. Your lists are always very complete and very helpful!