Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Thanks, BBGB!

Loved my day at bbgb tales for kids  in Richmond.




And I had such fun at the terrific school Jill and Jenesse connected me to. Thank you everybody!

College friends, childhood friend, a camp friend of my daughters', old neighbors, new friends, lots of book-loving kids, a couple of infants, and a few authors thrown in for good measure. 
A great turnout at the bookstore, sold lots of books, and can't wait to go back.

Here's a quick photo tour. More to come, I hope. 

The beautiful entryway to ORCHARD HOUSE SCHOOL. I spoke to a class, signed books, answered questions. I loved the girls' book suggestions and writing ideas! One told me she keeps a notebook of names she loves, and she mentioned Obadiah. She's bound to be a writer soon!

You know you're going to love a school visit when you are greeted by a display of 1000 paper cranes. Made by the students for a project that involved books. These girls love to read, and it shows.



While I waited for the girls to arrive, I snapped this picture of the bulletin board. 


(I am adding these to my lists!)


Then it was off to the bookstore.  
Here I am, armed with book and Junk Poker box, answering questions and carrying on, as my grandmother would say. 


Doesn't that store look adorable? Hustle on over there if you live in or pass through Richmond. Lots to do and see there. 

Fun times, and I didn't even tell you about the ham biscuits...

5 comments:

Wild About Words said...

Augusta,

Sounds like fun. I'll definitely stop by that bookstore when I'm in the area. And I love the philosophy behind the Orchard House School. Sounds like a place that will empower young women to be thoughtful and kind and quirky and fearless. And most certainly, creative!

All best,
Donna

Joyce Moyer Hostetter said...

Congrats on a great visit/visits. You are getting around, aren't you!?

Got time to write? ;)

Lee Stokes Hilton said...

Love the piles of Glory in the bookstore window! What a thrill that must be. And don't you look adorable for your talk.

Augusta Scattergood said...

Yes, Joyce, I am getting around! It helps to have friends in places with great bookstores. And I love bookstores that welcome you with enthusiasm and a window filled with books.

Augusta Scattergood said...

Yes, Donna. There was a whole lot of creativity floating around that school. So rewarding to share with them.