Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Florida in my Rear View Mirror

Although I'm happy to be back in New Jersey for the summer, there are so many things I'll miss about Florida. Especially my Critique Group friends.

At my final meeting, we stayed for lunch. And we chose a new, more-appropriate-to-our-group name: Skyway Writers, reflecting our trips to and fro, all around Tampa Bay. Plus, I like the image. Can't you picture floating in a cloud with your ideas?

Our fearless leader Teddie Aggeles gave us gifts (she made the adorable blue bags for each member). Colorful paper clips, tiny writing pad, candy-- I thought I'd looked carefully at the treats inside. But I'd missed one. See that tiny eraser?

I don't know if each eraser holds a different message. 
But I know mine is most appropriate.




FAITH
Yep, that's what I had all these years. 
It may not happen overnight- the faith in your own writing. But eventually we have to believe that the writing skills will develop, the critique group will be downright perfect, and the book will get published

Know what I mean?

3 comments:

Joyce Moyer Hostetter said...

Faith! Definitely required. Along with a lot of other stuff. Congrats on all your success, Augusta!

Enjoy your summer.

Augusta Scattergood said...

Thanks, Joyce. Hope it's a summer filled with good writing for both of us!

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

How lovely! What a wonderful group you have.

And Faith is the first principle in everything in life, isn't it?