Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Glory Game!

How much do I love this very cool game?


Eli made it for his outside reading project at Jackson Prep. His mom, who's a teacher at the Mississippi School for the Deaf and uses GLORY BE with her students, shared it.

Some of the stops along the way--

Segregated water fountain, move back two spaces. 
Freedom Riders come to Mississippi, move forward four spaces. 
Glory writes a brave letter to the newspaper, move forward six spaces. 
Swimming pool is closed because of integration, move back four spaces. 

I'm totally impressed. Thanks, Eli and Mom for sharing and for your clever creativity!

5 comments:

Danette H. said...

Wow! How creative!

Anonymous said...

It seems as if GLORY BE keeps inspiring youngsters!

What a clever game!

Rosi said...

Very cool!

Lee Stokes Hilton said...

Well, that's about the coolest I've seen in a while. What fun!

Augusta Scattergood said...

Very cool and very creative. Kids never cease to amaze me.