Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Hot Dog!

Food from books- what could be more fun?

Check out these pictures and menus from some of our favorites:

http://www.brainpickings.org/2014/04/16/fictitous-dishes-dinah-fried-book/

One of my first writing gigs was a column on BOOK CLUBS for Skirt! 
(a regional magazine, and yes, that exclamation point is in the title.)
Book Clubbers loved to write about the food that complimented their book discussions. 

Like these:

 (You can find a few good ones, HERE.)

And while I'm at it, how about raising a glass to your favorite book and cook with this one?




Now I'm hungry. 
I'm off to eat my semi-annual slaw dog, in honor of July 4th weekend. 
Happy holiday, everybody!


No comments: