Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Friday, February 6, 2009

A Good Blog is Hard to Find

Well, today it's my turn over at the funny, interesting, full-of-book-and-writing-stuff blog written by some very good Southern writers. Click here to read my post. I wrote it after my Christmas travels this year and eating and holiday recipes were on my mind.
I can tell you're going to want my friend Ivy's recipe for Lime Curd. The one we had served over pound cake. Yum.
Here it is, by way of the Barefoot Contessa (I didn't have room to post it on the other blog):

LIME CURD
4 limes at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 pound butter at room temperature
4 extra-large eggs at room temperature
1/8 t. salt

Remove the zest of 4 limes. Squeeze the limes to make 1/2 cup juice.
Put the zest in a food processor, add the sugar and process for 2-3 minutes, until the zest is very finely minced.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter with sugar and lime zest. Add the eggs, one at a time, and then add the lime juice and salt. Mix until combined.
Pour the mixture into a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring contstantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve over pound cake.

No comments: