Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Writers Search Engine

For all the time I've wasted on Facebook, finding something like this makes it all worthwhile (OK, there are other things that make it worthwhile, too, but I'm writing about writing now).

A Facebook friend actually created this amazing way to search a huge database of articles, blogs, what-have-you about writing.  
Click here for the link to Writer's Knowledge Base.

Since I'm working like crazy to get my revision back to my editor today, I searched a couple of words that I thought might be helpful. Wow! Tons of great links. I could have read all day about "Humor," "Titles" and a few other topics of interest. Great new site. Way to go Elizabeth Spann Craig!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Thanks so much for blogging on this today, Augusta! I really appreciate it and hope you'll find the search engine a useful tool!

Mike Fleming said...

Augusta,

Thanks for spreading the word about the Writer's Knowledge Base!

You mentioned Facebook -- did you know that there's a fan page where I'll provide tips and tricks for getting more out of the WKB? If you're interested it's at http://www.facebook.com/pages/WritersKB/128813660518131.

Thanks, again!

Augusta Scattergood said...

I friended you and searched again this morning for something. I like the "random" topics you give at the beginning and also the broad subjects you offer as choices. Good work!