Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Blogging About Books.

True Confessions? I would have to read all day to get through every book I'd like to read.
Those of us who receive an endless supply of brand new books to review, titles we Must Read, books from friends, books from smart people we've never met, occasionally ignore our To Do piles.

 (An Older To Do Pile, featuring Rocky the Wonder Dog giving me a dirty look...)

Or at least I do. Perhaps if I don't see that ARC that's been sitting on my desk for a week, it will magically get read? It's even worse when you start a book and just can't get into it! Others rave, but it's not grabbing you right now.

And even when I read a great book, sometimes it gets lost in space before I find time to post a review. Even short reviews, if done properly, can be difficult to write.

(Thinking guiltily about at least three great books at the bottom of my stack right this minute, awaiting my comments.)

So when somebody takes the time to write a thoughtful, articulate review of your own book, thanks are in order.

That's how I feel about this blog I stumbled upon this morning.
(Okay, true confessions, my google alert stumbled upon it.)

Thank you, bookpeepwonders, Mom and Teen reviewers.

http://bookpeepwonders.blogspot.com/2013/07/glory-be-by-augusta-scattergood.html

No comments: