Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

When the Butterflies Came


I'm so excited to hear that my friend Kimberley Griffiths Little's new book has been chosen for Scholastic's Mother Daughter Book Club.

Here's the link to the Discussion Guide. Great questions!
(And wow on the recipe, too.)

http://www.scholastic.com/MotherDaughterBookClub/pdf/Scholastic_MDBC_butterflies.pdf



If your daughter's in a Book Club, or if she just loves a good book, check it out.
(Ages 8-12) Here's a little about the book:


When mysterious butterflies begin to arrive shortly after Grammy Claire’s funeral, Tara just knows her grandmother has left her a final mystery to solve. A stack of keys, notes from the beyond, and an ominous secret allow Tara to come to terms with her grandmother’s death, the complexities of her family, and the powers of love and redemption.

PS- Don't you love how we refer to our Facebook and emailing friends as if they are lifelong friends? It's kind of like my penpals of yore. Maybe there should be a different category, but Kimberley feels exactly like a real friend. And I'm very impressed with her ability to write so many books, so well.

Good call, Scholastic! Perfect book for your Mother Daughter Book Club.

4 comments:

PragmaticMom said...

Hi Augusta,
I have a book list of Multicultural Butterfly Books for Kids and I'd love to link to your post if that is ok with you. It's posting in a week or two.

Augusta Scattergood said...

By all means, Pragmatic Mom- link away!

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Thank you so much for the shout-out, Augusta! Wow. I'm honored. And I consider you a *real* friend, too. :-) xo

Carol Baldwin said...

sweet of you to honor your friend like this, and yes FB friends begin to feel real, for sure!