Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Sharing the Wealth



I love a good dog story.
But there's got to be more than just dogs doing cute things. Give me adventure! Give me heart! 
Give me Bobbie Pyron's fabulous novels.

Today is your lucky day, readers. I have a copy of THE DOGS OF WINTER. I'm sharing.





 Here's a link to Horn Book's review, from Bobbie's own blog.

http://bobbiepyron.blogspot.com/2012/12/horn-book-review-of-dogs-of-winter.html

For those of you who haven't been librarians since Caesar Was a Little Boy (as my funny father loved to say) -- Bobbie and I possibly have-- Hornbook is the Holy Grail of reviewing journals for kids' books. To get a tiny little word of praise by their reviewers sends an author into a swoon. But a full-fledged great review? Wow. Way to go. And all the other reviewers have been downright starry-eyed over this book.

I finished it yesterday, warm inside my house, but I felt as if I'd raced with Ivan through the snow. Based on a true story that's almost impossible to believe, this middle-grade novel will really grab you and hold on for a while.

Truly, Bobbie Pyron's books aren't just books about dogs. 
They are so much more.
Leave me a comment and you could be my lucky winner of THE DOGS OF WINTER.

(Thank you to our mutual publisher, Scholastic, for sharing the brand new hardback copy. Only read once, by me. )



I also loved her first "dog book" reviewed here:
http://ascattergood.blogspot.com/2012/06/dogs-way-home-and-giveaway.html 

And Bobbie has a great blog about Authors and Their Dogs,
FIDO AND FRIENDS
 (She let me squeeze a grand-dog into my spot.)

Comment here or on Facebook for the next week. 
This giveaway ends on February 10th.


9 comments:

Holly Mueller said...

Looks like a great book! Thanks for hosting a giveaway!! I'd love to read it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an exciting read. Cover reminds me of a Gary Paulsen book. Readerroberts on Twitter

Mrs. Miller said...

My students love dog books in any shape or color. This one looks like a good adventure story.

Kelley J. P. Lindberg said...

I love, love, love this book. Bobbie has an intuitive talent for making us live and breathe with her characters, both human and canine. And this story is just so incredible! I'd love to share a copy with my son's school library!

Kelley J. P. Lindberg said...

I love, love, love this book! Bobbie has such an intuitive talent for making us live and breathe with her characters, both human and canine. And it's such an incredible story. I'd love to share a copy with my son's school library!

Susan Hughes said...

I've had Bobbie's book on my "to-read" list for far too long. Please send me a copy!

Shannon Hitchcock said...

I love a good adventure story! And I'd love to read this and pass it to my friend Cynthia Chapman Willis, author of DOG GONE, who ADORES dog books!

Janeen Mason said...

Wow! Horn Book pedigree, AND your stamp of approval? Must be a really good read. Thanks for blogging about it.

Annemarie O'Brien said...

I loved THE DOGS OF WINTER too!!