Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Papers

So much to read in this morning's New York Times, and I've only gotten to the Styles section.

Like this interview with Caitlin Macy, author of the book of short stories, Spoiled, about Upper East Siders' failure and social inadequacy--something we might not have thought belonged in the same sentence a short while ago. Some have compared her writing to Prep by Curtis Sittenfield, and there's a funny story in the interview about that.

Since I'm fascinated with names, her comment about names these characters choose for their children struck my fancy. Good interview, worth reading. And it's right next to the story about how nobody can afford private school tuitions now...

No comments: