Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Library Week!

Did you know it's National Library Week, not to mention School Library Media Month (whatever happened to the simple School Library- oh, never mind, I know that answer)? No matter. Hug a librarian!

Here's an excellent article about libraries, complete with an extensive bibliography of books featuring libraries and librarians, by Sharron McElMeel.

My own writing wouldn't be complete without helpful librarians. I've been powerfully influenced by some of the best. Hats off to all of you- LePoint, Mrs. Walker, Mrs. Powell, Anne Dawson, Helen Paytas, Diane O'Brien, Doris Nubel- my list goes on indefinitely.

Related post: One Good Librarian

1 comment:

Lee Stokes Hilton said...

Well, I would like to give you a hug, but you're too far away. Instead, I will think fond thoughts of Mrs. Speiser, the high school librarian who let me hang out there instead of going to study hall.