Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Look What Today's Mail Brought

A package from my former colleague and a great teacher, my friend Sally!


But why is she sending me MY book? And what's with the edges?



I think this book has been read before.


What do you think?









Yes! Not only read, but well-read. 
I love it when a book has traveled in bookbags, to soccer games and ballet and ball practice. And shared. 
Especially shared.



Her sixth graders inscribed the book with things they wanted me to know and sent me their copy.  
So touched! Love those readers. 
Thanks, Sally.



3 comments:

Carol Baldwin said...

agreed w/Barbara. what a nice present back to you!

L said...

What a great letter.

Augusta Scattergood said...

Yes, so nice.
And I hope to meet these readers next fall. They are just up the road a piece, in NYC, a place I'll happily travel.