Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Nice Blog



and not just because they liked my book! Though I really appreciate that, of course.

What I like about it is that when books are reviewed,  a favorite quote and the first line are included.
A good way to get a sense of the writing style and the novel's voice.

CLICK HERE for the review of Glory Be.

Here's a fun review of a middle-grade novel for summer, PIE.
(I also liked that one.)

Plenty more suggestions for good books where those came from. Have fun!

1 comment:

Shannon Hitchcock ~ Children's Writer said...

Great review! And I agree with you that using the first line and a quote from the book are a great way to get a feel for the book's flavor.