Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Holiday Mail for Heroes

Just a few more days left to send a card to someone in the military. Read all about it on the Red Cross's website.

Here's the address:
Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791

Cards must be postmarked by Dec. 10. You can put a whole bunch of cards in one big envelope and send it along.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm so glad to see you participating in this! I sent some cards through a different site (one for Marines because my father was a Marine) and it's really gratifying.

I'm running a challenge over at my letter writing web site... this would be a great idea for one of the day's challenge!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating! On behalf of my colleagues at Pitney Bowes and the American Red Cross, I wanted to thank you for all of your support in helping to spread the word about the program and let you know we’ve surpassed the goal of delivering one million cards to US service members, veterans and military families.

I wanted to share the following video to thank you and your readers for helping out. We truly could not have done it without you.