Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Still Revising!

This morning I'm still working on Part I of Cheryl Klein's notes from the NYC Metro SCBWI revision workshop. In a few days, I hope I'll blog about Part II: EXAMINATION, which is considerably more involved, will involve a ton of hard work, and I hope to get to soon. (Lofty aspirations?)

For now, I'm trying to come up with these two points about my manuscript:

All the things you love about it ("amazing things that nobody has done before")
       and
What you suspect needs work ("catalog of faults")

Harder than you'd think when revising without looking at a story you know well but have put in that proverbial bottom drawer for a couple of months...

Back to work! All of us!

2 comments:

Joyce Moyer Hostetter said...

Amazing things nobody's done before.

Now that will make you think. Or maybe force you to start over! Very good way to think about a manuscript though.

Augusta Scattergood said...

Cheryl Klein offers many good revision suggestions. Had I not gotten bogged down with Scrivener, I might be well into her notes!
But I think Scrivener has helped me pull together a lot of messy revisions, so not a waste of time- so far!

I'll get back to these notes soon, I hope-
Good luck with your "thinking"!