Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Monday, December 12, 2011

True Confessions

I'm feeling more Bah Humbuggish than HoHoHoing.
Still waiting for the Christmas music to kick in.
More interested in reading and writing than shopping and wrapping.

But hats off to the Pottery Barn catalog that arrived in my mail this week.
Page 15, right there with all the ads for picture frames and the Free Shipping note.
Love this:

"A good snapshot keeps a moment from running away."
 Eudora Welty, author

3 comments:

Leslie Davis Guccione said...

There's no better tribute than your enthusiasm for Eudora Welty. (and feeling a bit Scrooge-like myself)

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

I'm with ya, honey. Have done zero on shopping for Christmas. No tree up, nothing. Just tired. ;-) I'll get there.

PragmaticMom said...

I love that quote. My husband is the shutter bug and I am glad that someone is documenting everything.

We are still trying to get in the holiday spirit. The tree just went up and now we are trying to wrap...

Next week is gift time for teachers, tutors and coaches. I just finished the shopping for that. Such a marathon even when it's mostly gift certificates!