I know some people don't get that, but I loved it.
2. Pimento cheese and sweet little peach pies. Food from the book at my friend Ivy's house. Surrounded by old friends and lots of family. Does it get better than this?
3. Four of my teachers showing up to say hello at the very same library I pictured every time I set a Glory Be scene in a library. And a whole bunch of librarians were there. I lost count.
4. The view of the river. Yes, that river. From my friend Nan's house.
5. The charm bracelet with the little guitar and "sisters" charms. From my own sweet sister.
(And she packed the audience at Square Books, Jr. in Oxford.)
6. Good old southern cooking, cafeteria style, with my sweet brother. (Reason enough to return.)
7. Meeting Ellen Ruffin of the amazing DeGrummond Collection at the University of Southern Mississippi. (Another big reason to return. I must see this!)
8. College friends I hadn't seen since college and high school friends I hadn't seen since forever. All celebrating and buying my very first book.
9. Signing a ton of books at both Square Books and Lemuria, in Jackson. ☺
I suspect there are still a few available, for anybody who's looking for an autographed copy:
Square Books Jr.: (662) 236-2207
Lemuria: (601) 366-7619
10. Learning how true it is: You can go home again.