Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Every Day

Writing book reviews is easy, right? Read a little bit, google the author, jot down your thoughts and Bingo! A review.

If only.

It's harder than it might look. At least for me.
The reading, the pondering, the writing. I agonize way too much over tiny word choices. Edit a zillion times for a 400-word review. ACK! But I love doing them.

And I mostly review books I love a lot. Almost all "Middle Grade" for the Christian Science Monitor and adult for Delta Magazine. Anything goes on the blog.

 That said, I couldn't resist this book marketed as Young Adult.  

It's not a long book. It's an intriguing one. Its premise, page-turning and fascinating.

Here's my review. 

EVERY DAY by David Levithan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very good!

SJune said...

It was great meeting you this weekend at Tweens Read and I really enjoyed moderating two of your panels. I never got the chance to mention how much I LOVE Glory's middle name because that's mine too. :) Thanks for making the trip, the student's had a great time!