Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Elvis is in the building...

I have so many great stories (and maybe half-great pictures) from this week in NY/NJ. 
School visits, Book Group chats, walks in my winter coat. Okay, maybe that's not so great.

But for now, in the interest of time (mine) and quality, I'll share two that made me smile.

Often kids give me things to add to my Junk Poker box. This trip, I added grass and surprisingly-close-to-Elvis's wallpaper from the fabulous group at Christa McAuliffe Middle School's amazing after school book club party. 
Those kids had totally read my book's tiniest details.

(They also made the little Junk Poker boxes for everybody. And gave me that book they'd created. Great readers!)

And yesterday, as I was leaving the Nightingale Bamford School in NYC where I'd spoken to the 3rd and 4th grade classes, the teacher handed me thank you notes. 





This one takes the cake, big time. Not sure if she's a big Elvis fan or whether the reference was purely accidental. 
I'm going with the Fan option. 

And thank ya, Thank YOU very much, kids!






No comments: