Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Dali Lama's Quote for the Day

January has buzzed by so quickly I haven't really looked at my Quaker Motto Calendar.
One of this month's quotes seems just what I need for today:

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. 
Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.
(Dali Lama XIV, 1935- )



 Reading this today, when I was given a jar of homemade fig preserves, reminds me of my funniest story ever. About figs and sort of about the Dali Lama. Sort of.




If you have nothing else to do and nowhere else to go, here's the link:http://southernauthors.blogspot.com/2008/10/great-fig-fiasco-im-writer.html





No comments: