Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Slow Writing.

Is it like Slow Cooking? 

Is it something we've given up on in our hurry to get things on paper?

CLICK HERE for a very interesting blogpost from Kristi Holl.

I'm also following Linda Urban's blog and her posts on writing every day. 
For a few minutes. 

I got a late start, so I'll go a little beyond the allotted time. But today was Linda's last day of writing for just 15 minutes.  

I highly recommend this if you're busy or have no clue what to write about.
So much to do, writing-wise, when you're not actually writing. If you know what I mean. 

On to a new year! Lots to do in January. But 15 minutes, early in the morning, really isn't that difficult. We can do this, people.

 

5 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Loved these links, Augusta!

Rosi said...

Thanks for the post and the links. This is a perfect time to be thinking about the new year and how to use these techniques.

Carol Baldwin said...

Thanks for the link, Augusta. There's definitely something to be said for slow and deliberate. ANd scribble writing. I do that too! Happy New Year!

Margaret Simon said...

I'm going to do the #nerdlution15 and plan to put writing for 30 minutes. I can do it. I must do it. I like that Slow Cooking idea. Thanks. Happy New Year!

Augusta Scattergood said...

Happy new year to all my faithful commenters! Here's wishing all of us a productive and enjoyable year of writing.