Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Margaret and Me

You know when you meet somebody and have an instant connection? That's how I felt when I met Margaret Simon. Yes, we're both Mississippians and writers, two things that drew us together. And we have a bunch of "do-you-know" friends, as do all Southerners. 

But she's also a great reader and an amazing teacher. So when she asked if I'd answer a few questions about writing my new book, I jumped at the chance. 

HERE WE ARE, chatting away! 
(Click that link to read the interview.)

 

MAKING FRIENDS WITH BILLY WONG (Coming August, 2016)

 


2 comments:

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

I got to meet Margaret last October at the Louisiana Book Festival - she was lovely and I was so happy to meet her in person! Unfortunately it was storming and the festival tents were taken down when a tornado warning was announced. Oy!

Augusta Scattergood said...

Writers lead such glam.lives, don't we Kimberley. I had that same experience in NC at a festival. We ran for our lives and down came the tents! But I'm glad you have a positive memory of the day, meeting Margaret.