Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April is Poetry Month

OK, I think I already said that. But I loved my Poem-a-Day poem today- You're Beautiful, filled with funny things, and thoughtful things, and irony. Here's a taste, but go ahead, click on that link up there, and read the whole thing. While you're there, sign up for your own Poems Each Day, just for Poetry Month.

You’re beautiful because you can’t work the remote control.
I’m ugly because of satellite television and twenty-four-hour
rolling news.
...
You’re beautiful because you’ve never seen the inside of a
car-wash.
I’m ugly because I always ask for a receipt.

You’re beautiful for sending a box of shoes to the third
world.
I’m ugly because I remember the telephone numbers of
ex-girlfriends and the year Schubert was born.

No comments: