Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Spiders in Teacups and Swans on Tables

Just in time for Halloween. Check out Play With Your Food and make some critters like my friend Julie's.


Photo courtesy of Juliette Eastwick



And these from her co-conspirator:



Photos courtesy of Susan Tinanoff


Or if you prefer to eat your table decorations this Halloween, try a ladyfinger cookie decorated with red almond nails or a delicious chow mein noodle black spider, recipes and instructions from Ghoulish Goodies.




Happy Halloween fun to all you creative types out there in blogland!

2 comments:

Joyce Moyer Hostetter said...

Love those swans!

Reading Half Broke Horses now. Took me awhile to deal with the "telling" style but I'm finally getting into it.

Augusta Scattergood said...

I think in my review I commented that it read like an oral history. So different from Glass Castle. Some readers may be disappointed about that, but I just tried not to compare.

Yes, I do have some talented friends. You won't see swans on my table, sadly...