Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

James Beard Awards

Did I say how much I love cookbooks? Not necessarily for cooking, mind you, but my shelves are filled with them, mostly for looking.

This week the James Beard Foundation announced its awards. Wow. John Besh's new cookbook is on the list. Must check that one out.

And while you're there seeing who won this year, don't miss all the restaurant and chef awards. Many from places I know and love, or plan to visit soon: Washington DC, Chicago, NYC, NOLA.
That best new restaurant category is always intriguing.

And yay for John T. Edge's Oxford American magazine writing award. Now not only will I have to scope around for those cookbook winners, I can see I'll be searching for a few magazine essays also.

It's a long list, always fun to peruse!

1 comment:

Lee Stokes Hilton said...

Thanks for the info -- I am never as on top of these things as I should be. And now I have to get one of my children to give me Ad Hoc at Home, by Thomas Keller, for my birthday.