Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

De-Rotting the Brain

My friend Julie just shared something she heard at a recent lecture by a neuroscientist at Princeton, about staving off brain rot:
Exercise! Exercise! Exercise! And doing things that REALLY challenge your brain - like brushing your teeth with your non-dominant hand. (Try it - not easy.)

As I'm pondering jolting the brain cells, getting back into a writing state of mind after a brief sojourn, I think it must be a message (from whom?) that today my Trader Joe's cash register receipt featured this quote, from Dr. Seuss:

I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells.

Now off to bed, to dream of who-knows-what, right after I attempt brushing my teeth with my left hand.

No comments: