Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Raring to Write! (to paraphrase my dear grandmother...)

Just back from an amazing, nonstop, totally productive, idea-filled, inspiring workshop with two remarkable writing coaches, Jamie Morris and Joyce Sweeney. This weekend's topic was Scene and Structure, just what I needed to make me think I won't toss my next Work-in-Progress into the bottom drawer, or worse yet, out the window. At least not until I play around with some of Joyce and Jamie's suggestions.

I don't think I've ever felt this enthusiastic about ANY writing event before. Well, scratch that. The SCBWI event where I met my agent would have to trump anything.

But as far as running a workshop with the perfect mix of writing prompts, craft lectures, sharing, advising, these two women have this process nailed. Just the best.

Here they are in a fuzzy photo, at the very end of two solid days and one long evening of coaching 12 writers sitting on the edge of our comfy chairs waiting for inspiration. And we got it in spades.



Oh, and did I mention we were at a divine beach house on St. Augustine Beach. With food and drink a mere inches away at all times?

As my dear grandmother would say to five-year-old me: You're raring to go. Slow down!

Not in a million years.

No comments: