Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Monday, December 2, 2013

NaNoWriMo

Or as my friend Caroline Starr Rose calls it, Fake-o-NaNo.

Click HERE to see what she has to say about National Novel Writing Month. Good stuff. 



Three years ago, when I was between projects and needed to jumpstart something new, I did NaNoWriMo. 
Mine, too, was Fake-o.




Here I am, back fiddling with that "Azalea" project. 
For the zillionth time.
But if you're a writer who needs inspiration. Or wants to try something new, give it a whirl.
Promise a friend cookies, team up with an online writing partner, or heck- just bake your own cookies and don't admit to a single soul what you're up to. Don't sweat it if what turns up is unreadable.

Or as Caroline says:
The "draft" I finished with is quite possibly the messiest, worst thing I've ever written.


But it's a beginning. And sometimes that's all it takes to create something worth revising. And revising. Over and over again.

Check these links. And next year, maybe you'll give it a try?

Oh, and a big congrats to those of you who finished NaNoWriMo! 
Any great wisdom learned from your month?
 

The official National Novel Writing Month site. 
For those brave enough to admit you're in.
http://nanowrimo.org/


Good stuff via MEDIA BISTRO, with links to previous posts on The Month.

http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/nanowrimo-is-over-now-what_b80486

Here's a little of my own fake NaNo.
http://ascattergood.blogspot.com/2010/10/nanowrimo-anyone.html

1 comment:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Hooray for Fake-o NaNo (and cookies). xo