Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What Fun!

Skype. I love it.
And I especially love it when the kids are well prepared, bright, articulate.
Like this group of third graders from Gwin Oaks Elementary School in Gwinnett County, GA.





Ms. Sharon Amolo always takes pictures of the Skype screen 
and a select group of kids. That's me back there holding up GLORY BE.
Kind of like being there!

They asked some very challenging questions.

For example:
What part of the book changed after it was sent to the publisher and before it became a book?
Is there anything you'd write differently if you had to do it all over again?
Besides being a librarian and writer, what other jobs did you have?

They asked questions for the entire period. 
There were over 100 of these smart cookies!
I had to really pay attention and think hard.

Thank you, amazing teachers and librarians, for all the work you do to prepare kids to Meet The Author!



Here's a link to the school's blog. Check out those kids stepping up to the microphone. Such poise. I'm impressed!
http://gwinoaksmediacenter.weebly.com/2/post/2013/12/skype-visit-with-augusta-scattergood.html

Here's my earlier post about Skyping, with pictures of my flipflops, as well as a link to a good post by author Kate Messner about Authors Who Skype for free:
http://ascattergood.blogspot.com/2013/02/skype-101-from-other-side-of-computer.html

No comments: