Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Thing I Totally Love

School has ended in Florida and some of those last letters are just reaching me, possibly written in the final, fun, hectic days.
A batch arrived just now- written by an after-school Book Club's very enthusiastic, Book-Battling readers. 
Near the end of the year, we'd had a fun afternoon together.

Loved all the messages, especially the musical notes and Elvis Rocks! Elvis Lives! etc. illustrations.

But this card might take the cake.
Something I'll smile about for a long time.



Look closely. See how cleverly he sneaked that "L" into Glory?

The teacher told me they had a great laugh over the original.

They agreed it would make an excellent follow-up title for my next book about Glory:


Gory Be! Gloriana Gets Mad



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where there is a will, there is a way. (Squeezing that 'L' into his artwork saved him from having to do it all again!) Clever, these young'uns.

Eileen in Atlanta

Lee Stokes Hilton said...

Love it. My corrections don't work out nearly as well. And great that they laughed over the original.

Augusta Scattergood said...

Sort of a nice take on when life gives you lemons, right? I loved that their teacher turned it into a story for me. Rather than leave me wondering (or perhaps not even noticing!) about the OOPS!

Thanks for your comments, Lee and Eileen.

Carol Baldwin said...

Hey--I've done that sort of thing myself. Glad the student felt good enough about him/herself to send it along to you.

Theodora "Teddie" said...

That is a cute card and the story would be a bit different without that L. It's great that the student even attempted to draw the cover. You have some great fans!