Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Monday, April 13, 2015

Kaigler Festival

A few observations and photos from my weekend in Hattiesburg.

The Kaigler Book Festival is a place to make new friends
 and see old ones.

 

The ever-lovely and brilliant Ellen Ruffin.
Sarah Frances Hardy, who signed her new picture book next to me!

Clara Martin, there from Lemuria to chat about new books with one of my favorite authors, Deborah Wiles.

See how fabulous their lineup is?



Shannon Hitchcock and I presented a workshop: 
PUTTING THE PERSONAL IN HISTORY, 
about writing novels using family stories, memory, and research.






Gene Yang. 
Amazing presentation about his  journey from comic book kid to artist and writer.











I was taking notes fast and furiously!












I was too mesmerized by Nikki Grimes' talk to take a single picture. But she was there. Among many others.

And the food. Oh the food.



Celebrating the Ezra Jack Keats Award
With Caramel Cake, of course.


If you have an opportunity to attend the Fay B. Kaigler Children's Book Festival at the University of Southern Mississippi, 
just say yes.

No comments: