Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Kaigler Festival

My friend Shannon Hitchcock and I had such fun presenting together at OUR second University of Southern Mississippi's Kaigler Children's Book Festival. 
It's the Festival's 50th anniversary. Wow!

As promised, here are a few links from our workshop:

WRITING BRAVELY: Tackling Tough Topics With Books

Our info:


Shannon Hitchcock




Augusta Scattergood



Fellow writers' links we shared for learning more:

Middle Grade Books on TOUGH TOPICS



Kate Messner’s blog:



Nerdy Book Club blogs:


And finally, not to make light of this topic, but sharing- from my smart, funny educator friend Patty, prettied up by my artist friend Eileen- this thought.






And that's pretty much the truth, isn't it?





No comments: