Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Thanks!

Two lovely things happened this week.

My buddy and book sibling (Glory Be and May B.), Caroline Starr Rose, shared that Glory was listed as one of the Top Ten Historical Fiction Favorites for Tweens. You can find the list HERE.

Caroline is also writing about SUCCESS on her own blog, what it means to writers. I'm following with interest. You might want to also.

And this blogger gave MAKING FRIENDS WITH BILLY WONG a truly lovely review.  
There's also a giveaway going on at that blog. I'm not sure how long it will last but hurry on over and throw your name in the hat for a signed copy of my book.

The last paragraph of the review really made my day.

"The characters are complex, palpably real, and easy to like and relate to. The setting gives a real taste of small-town America in the 1950s. The story is rich and the writing is simply lovely. This is a book that deserves readership far beyond its intended middle-grade audience. I loved it. Honestly, I think this one just might be my favorite of Augusta's books."

Wow. See what I mean?


2 comments:

Carol Baldwin said...

Congratulations, Augusta!

Rosi said...

Loved your book so much, it's easy to gush! Congrats on the Top Ten.